10 Reasons to Buy in Oliver
- Qualifies for Johns Hopkins Live Near Your Work grant
- All of our homes carry the Vacant to Value tax credit
- All of our homes qualify for the Maryland Historic Tax credit
- New train stop will be built in 2017
- You can garden at Bethel Garden, a great way to meet new neighbors
- Great volunteer community – gardening, mentoring, neighborhood clean ups etc
- A true mixed income neighborhood – new and old home owners, renters, doctors, nurses, community organizers
Since the end of 2009, we have, under the Come Home Baltimore initiative, presold, and are close to completing construction on almost forty previously abandoned houses in the Oliver section of East Baltimore, just north of Hopkins Hospital. Almost all of the houses have been sold, and almost all of the buyers have qualified for market rate financing. By their own account, most of our homeowners were attracted by the promise of a community that is both rooted in history and undergoing healthy, organic change that is intended to be respectful of the interests of existing residents. We see entire blocks newly renovated vacant to value homes, a network of buildings interconnected by public green spaces — self-sufficient and safe neighborhoods where existing and new residents participate as equals to generate meaningful and environmentally conscious community cultures. Come home Baltimore, come home to Oliver.
When you buy a home with Come Home Baltimore, the process is about you as much as it is about the Home you are about to own. It’s about service — minimizing stress and maximizing confidence. It’s about getting results. That’s why Come Home Baltimore started Mortgage Concierge.
Concierge: noun. Definition: Making homeownership easy – before, during and after the purchase. Saves time and money. A concierge facilitates solutions to the intimidating, stressful aspects of selecting, financing, buying and moving into a new home.
The Come Home Baltimore Concierge service pairs you with a CHB Home Ownership Specialist, We will be beside you during the entire home buying process, from start to finish and even afterwards. is available to buyers of homes constructed or renovated in accordance with the quality and energy efficient Come Home Baltimore standards.
to make sure that your credit is acceptable to commercial lenders, and if it isn’t, to engage and supervise credit counseling/credit repair services. We work closely with many buyer assistance programs, whether live-near-you-work grants, government grants, gas & electric rebates or nonprofit homebuyer assistance programs. We will make sure the lender approval process goes smoothly and insure that all follow-up, post closing work on your new home is done timely and in accordance with your needs and expectations. Every Come Home Baltimore Home includes a 10-year warranty.
Fill out a Prequalification Request Form to get started today!
Step by step what to expect.
When you buy a Come Home Baltimore Home here is what to expect:
- A Come home Baltimore Home ownership specialist will speak with you and get some basic financial information.
- Come Home Baltimore works with our preferred network of lenders to pre-qualifies you for a home loan and determine your buying budget.
- Your Home Ownership Specialist will work with you to identify any and all Incentives & Grants that you are eligible for. Most of our homes qualify for at least $22,000 in Grants and incentives toward closing costs. We have even had buyers receive as much as $43,000.00 towards their new home at closing. Learn more about the incentive programs we get our homeowners signed up for.
Step 4. Next we will assist you in choosing the right property, one that meets you specific needs.
Step 5. We then schedule your design appointment. We work with you to pick a layout, form an amenities list and to incorporate any custom options that you may require into the construction plan. At the end of this session we will know the final Sales Price of your new custom home. At this time we will also schedule your appliance shopping spree.
Step 6. Your Come Home Baltimore will work with you and your lender to finalize financing and procure letter of commitment. At this point we assign a construction team to your future home and set our construction schedule.
Step 8. Fast-forward approximately 3 months later depending on the specific Home, amenities, and finishes, and construction of your home will be complete. We set up a walk trough just days before closing so that can make sure every thing about your new home is just what you wanted.
Step 9. Once the house is complete, every thing is exactly how you wanted it, and you’ve done your final walk through we will meet to actually close on your new home. We will sit down with you, go over and sign you mortgage documents, sign them and then hand you’re your keys. Congratulation, You’re a homeowner!
CHB Home Ownership Specialists